Friday, September 13, 2013

A Small Update

  Hi. I'm obviously horrible at keeping up with blog posts, but I promise to try and get better. I just like to wait so that I have something to blog about. Since I've been gone so long, I now have plenty to talk about. Well, I can start with the obvious news. I'm pregnant! Whoo-hoo! The best thing about it, is that I found out Easter Sunday morning. How cool is that? Find out you're creating life on the day that we all celebrate life. During the months of April to July we lived with Albert's family. It was interesting and fun. Albert thoroughly enjoyed his internship there as an intern for the city.
   In August we moved into our new apartment, which we both love. We had some car troubles once again on the way up, but luckily it was a simple and easy fix. We stayed overnight and then were back on the road the next morning. By the way, Malad has a wonderful restaurant called The Pines. You should definitely go there if you can. Our apartment complex is in a wonderful neighborhood. We can hear and see the ice cream truck go by and hear kids playing and laughing in the street. It reminds me of home. Also, our church building is right across the street, which is an added bonus. The people in the ward are wonderful and we've already made some new married friends. We're trying to be social creatures this time around in Rexburg. Our apartment is all set up, even the nursery! All that is left now is for the baby to get here already! But patience is a virtue, and there is still three more months till I'm due.
  Okay, okay. I'll tell you about the baby, I know you're dying to know the details.
  I started my rounds of doctor visits in Utah where we were staying with Albert's family for his internship. I was really scared that there wouldn't be a baby since I had no real proof that I was pregnant yet except morning sickness and a pee stick. But alas, there was nothing to worry about. There was a baby in there, and from the little they could tell, all was fine. They gave me a due date of November 29th. On my third or fourth visit they took some more blood, and the test came back saying my AFP was abnormal. My chances for spina bifida were up there, so they sent me to the hospital to get an ultrasound to see what was wrong and such. Obviously I freaked out just a little, I mean you would too. But once again, there was nothing to worry about. Everything looked just fine, spine and everything. The baby didn't have spina bifida. The baby was just a week behind what they thought. They changed my due date to December 8th. Also, I got to find out that I was having a baby girl!



   A month later everything was still good and we moved back to Rexburg for my schooling. Had more ultrasounds since they couldn't get everything in clear view. Baby girl is stubborn like me and being in a bad position for them to see everything. Finally at the last ultrasound at the hospital they managed to get a good look at everything, and she is perfect in every way. We got some 3D pictures of her face and she is adorable! She looks just like me already, little button nose and dimpled chin and big eyes. Albert is dying to hold her already. We've been going to a birthing class, which has been very informative. We have the last class soon, which will be the hands on one with the breathing techniques and such. I'm excited for that one. I'm a little tired of hearing about things that involve needles. Other than that, it's been smooth sailing for me and baby girl, and my appetite has recently gone up so that's a good sign that she is growing.
   School starts Monday, and I'm totally stoked! Also a little bit scared, but I'll manage. So what if I'm due the week before finals. I'm a strong willed and independent woman, and married to the greatest man on earth in my opinion. I can do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment