Tuesday, February 5, 2013

A New Life

Whew. Man it's been forever seen I have posted anything. I apologize for this, I've been really busy. First things first, last year was hectic. Period. Summer was a blast however. I was able to go spend time with my parents and do a little traveling in Europe since my parents currently reside in Bahrain. Bahrain is an island off the coast of Saudi Arabia.

First, my mom flew home to California, then drove all the way up to Rexburg to pick me up from college. I was so excited to see her after a long 6 months of being away. Also, she got to meet my then fiance Albert for the first time in person. It went really well.


Then mom and I drove back to California, stopping in Elko and Reno, Nevada since we have relatives there. It was lots of fun to see two of my brothers again back home, and some good friends of mine as well. Then a few days later I was on a plane to Bahrain to spend time with my dad. The fun part was that I got there a few days before my luggage. Trust me, you learn to enjoy a shower and clean clothes when it's not possible at all, especially in a hot humid desert. Just as I was getting bored out of my mind, dad and I flew off to Paris, France for a week of lovely vacation! We went to a lot of places. We went shopping, we had fun at a carnival at a park, we went on a tour bus, we toured the Palace of Versailles, we toured the Church of Notre Dame( even the tower tour to the very top), and we had dinner on the Eiffel Tower. We also went to other places, such as a science museum and even an aquarium( where I fell and hurt my ankle because I was too busy taking pictures of all the fish haha). It was the most fun I had, and I finally got to travel and see Paris. And of course we went to the Louvre, and we cannot forget dinner at the Hard Rock Cafe(It's a must).
The Notre Dame

I went through a lot just to get this picture with the Mona Lisa!

Look at the cute little fishy!


The best of both worlds, or should I say the best of the Hard Rock Cafe :)

And then we had to go home(trust me we saw everything), and then mom flew in. The next day we were off to Prague! We stayed and just walked around, did an underground tour where the tour guide was hitting on me(he was really creepy and in my face), watched a little play, did a walk around tour of a torture museum(my favorite!), and even did a segway tour. I cannot begin to tell how beautiful Prague is, but a segway tour on cobblestone when you wake up sick that morning is no fun whatsoever. After that we took the drive over to Brno to see the Moto GP races. Moto GP is international motercycle racing, kinda like NASCAR but 100 times better. The races were AMAZING! I even got to get a picture with one of the racers! Although mom and I got separated from dad for a few hours(don't worry it worked out), it was tons of fun. Unfortunately, dad had the camera so I don't have any pictures from this adventure in the Chzech Republic. After that we went back to home(Bahrain), and chilled for a week and a half before I flew back to the states because I had school starting back up. It was wonderful seeing Albert again. He tackled me and wouldn't let me go or out of his sight for awhile. I didn't mind since I had been on a plane for more than 36 hours and awake for even more. Luckily I didn't have jetlag since I was so glad to be back in the states. 

Once again, school started and I had all new roommates, but it went well. We all got along and I even spent time and went out with them sometimes. However, a little over half way through the semester, depression kicked in, and I went downhill fast. I ended up failing a few of my classes, but it worked out. Also, I started therapy again and currently taking happy pills. It's working great, but I still have really hard days on the weekends. Also, my grades are faring well and I'm doing great in school. Ah, I almost forgot! I got married!! I am now a Mrs. Wendy Sebright! The wedding was tons of fun and everything went smoothly. We had a wonderful honeymoon. He took me to Yosemite! It was great! And now for some pictures, I know you're dying to see them!

The new family :)


Obviously I was very excited to be married

My adorable new nephew!

The rings :)

First Dance

The cake with it's awesome precious moments cake topper :)

And now we live happily ever after in our lovely apartment in Rexburg, Idaho. I go to school, get good grades, and is the awesome housewife. We have a car, which Albert takes to work at his awesome and well paying job in Idaho Falls. The end...for now. :)





1 comment: