Thursday, August 2, 2012

It's All About Timing

It's amazing how much your life can change in so little time. As I sit here looking through my photos, I see how much I can change in just a year, or even in a month. But not just my appearance has changed. If you look closer, you can see a change in my eyes as well. When I first started out, I was the ugly duckling, trying to figure out life. Now I've grown into a beautiful swan with a new found purpose. I know who I am and what I'm here to do in this life.


This is me last year around this time. If you look closely, you can see I wasn't a very happy person.
Here's a somewhat recent picture. I have become much happier in such little time.
......................................
What made this huge change in such little time? Well, the first change was deciding to attend college at BYU-Idaho. That's where everything in my life changed. It was really hard at first. I had been battling my depression for more than 6 years, and finally, I had reached the end of what I could endure. It was a month before the end of my first semester of college, when I finally decided to give up. I asked God for help, and He was right there waiting for me. He took my burden from me instantly. I couldn't believe it. I was free. I was free from all the bad thoughts, all the feelings of loneliness, of hopelessness. I could finally feel happy. The next step in achieving happiness was soon revealed to me. Now, I can assure you my past life was one marked with many mistakes. I was a teenager, and that's all I say about that. Once I repented of my mistakes, and I brought God closer to my heart, I felt something new. I felt peace in my soul. But most of all, I felt pure joy in my heart. I could finally feel like I was living. God gave me a second chance. And that Saturday, I finally was able to enter the temple after a year and a half. It was the most beautiful experience. The temple is such a beautiful place to be. Now, I knew that God blesses those that repent and do His will. I just didn't know what to expect. The blessing I received was absolutely unexpected, I can assure you that.
  It just so happened that later that evening that I went to a small party, and met a fine young man named Albert. We hit it off great, and a week later we were dating. A few months later, he proposed. God works in mysterious ways, but for our benefit. All our trials lead to a wonderful blessing. Who knew that all my good choices would lead me to my future husband. My future eternal companion.
In the end, it's all about timing. If I had waited just a little longer to ask God for help, I probably never would have met my future husband. God has a plan for all of us, right down to the last detail. He is patient, and as long as we do His will, we will be greatly blessed with our heart's greatest desire. I know that He has blessed me with mine, and I will be forever grateful.

1 comment:

  1. That was very enlightening and hopeful. I definitely enjoyed reading it, and I am looking forward to reading any others that you post.

    Also, it's good to hear that everything is working out for the best, Wendy. I wish you two a happy and adventure filled life.

    - Andy Qutami

    ReplyDelete